Thursday, June 14, 2012

1 month, 3 projects

So yesterday I was unloading some groceries in the kitchen when I realized it had been exactly a month since my last post. And in that month, I've actually done 3 projects (one last night!).

The first was a shirt for work. I have this problem where I have a large chest and a belly, and I'm longer waist, too. It means that long shirts are actually the right length when I buy them, but too short after I wash them (no matter how delicately I wash and dry). But I like to sew, so why not whip up some shirts that are work appropriate and will be long enough for my comfort?

I grabbed some royal purple and India green/gold knit fabric from JoAnn's ($4.99/yd, down from $19.99/yd!!!). The purple so far has been used to make a 3/4 length sleeve shirt with a v neck. I used some white cotton quilting material for a trim around the waistband, sleeves and collar. It's not too bad, for a quick work with no pattern. I think I may need to take it apart to repair a few things and tidy it up. The green/gold I used to make a faux wrap shirt. I love the wrap style, but they usually pull too low and show too much boobage. So I used a favorite tshirt as the guide and whipped up a tshirt with a decorative stitch along the edging. I still need to stitch the inside wrap to the outside wrap in the front so I can stop constantly adjusting it, but otherwise, it's a pretty comfy shirt. Oh, and the sleeves have some pouf pleats (totally accidental) which got complimented as soon as I got to work. Score!

The third project, begun and completed last night, is based off Delia's Easy Mommy Skirt. I love the skirt she created, and I would LOVE to have one. Green skirts have been a favorite of mine for a long time. BUT, I work in a corporate environment and have tattoos on the top of my feet. So pants are my typical wardrobe. Then, I saw this post and it combined my favorite swirly green skirts with Chucks. Wait...why haven't I thought of wearing Chucks with a skirt to work for casual week/day before? Genius!

Pictures will be forthcoming, following some of the aforementioned adjustments.

Hope everyone is doing well and good and stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment