Friday, April 20, 2012

Slammin' Salmon

I hate salmon. Ok, I don't totally hate it anymore. But I used to.

Until a coworker discovered this nifty trivia bit about me and decided to win me over to the dark side. She grilled a couple of pieces and managed to keep her little guy (age 2) from gobbling it up before she could bring it in for me. And you know, despite having been reheated in the microwave, it was pretty tasty!

The past couple of days I haven't been feeling so good, so today when I actually ate all of my lunch I figured it was a good sign. I stopped on the way home and got some salmon, a thing of 4 artisan lettuces and some fresh baby bella mushrooms.

Since dinner tonight was so yummy (D ate a whole piece all by himself!), I figured I'd share the simple meal with you all.

First, I took some aluminum foil and laid the salmon fillets on top. I lightly brushed the bottoms with olive oil. Then I lightly sprinkled some garlic powder, coarse sea salt, onion powder and smoked paprika on top. I folded the sides up and made a nice, tightly sealed little pouch with the foil and T put them on the grill.

For the asparagus, I made them my usual way - trim off the bottoms, then lightly coat with olive oil. I sprinkled on some coarse sea salt, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. T puts them right on the grill and lets the tips and some of the stalks get a little blackened. Mmmm...

And finally, the salad. I rough chopped all four of the artisan lettuces (really, why are they called that? Either way, that's what the box they come in says) and tossed them in my big mixing bowl. Then I washed and sliced the baby bellas, chopped up some cucumber and apples, threw in some grapes, shredded a carrot or two and added some French's Fried Onions. A little shredded cheese and that bad boy was ready to be dressed!

All in all, dinner was light, filling and tasty. Not too shabby for the first foray into grilling fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment