Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My name is Megan! Howdy howdy howdy!

I've finally done it. I've loved reading craft blogs for many moons now, and always wanted to start my own. But then I sit and think that I I'll never think of anything creative to, well, create, much less write.

Lately, I've been completely obsessed by two blogs recently discovered. The first is Jessica's blog, Running With Scissors. She's got such adorable kids, and a great eye for style. I'm going to use her pattern for Max from Where the Wild Things Are for my youngest son's second Halloween. Color me excited!

The second blog I adore is No Big Dill. Katy is...awe inspiring? Amazing? Awesomesauce? Five girls and a brand new baby boy (congrats!) and she still manages to keep her blog rolling. And her designs? Yes, please!

These two ladies have inspired me to open my eyes a little wider and take a closer look at the clothes my family put into the Goodwill pile, just to see what else can come of these items. Guess what? I found a bunch of stuff from my mom that I can use for my step-daughter. In fact, this past weekend while she and her brother were at their mom's, I "shrank" one of my mom's shirts down and added pockets so it fits Em perfectly. She loved it so much that after she tried it on, she asked if she could wear it to bed. And then about an hour later, asked if she could wear it to school. Of course!

Hopefully in the next few days I'll get some pictures and posts up about my projects, and some more about yours truly. Bear with me...I have a clingy one year old and no clue what I'm doing with a blog!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment