Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Halloween at the House of Spooks!

Thank you, Yo Gabba Gabba for turning my brain into nothing but your songs. You and the Fresh Beat Band have ruined me. :)

Today is Halloween and while we celebrated last weekend with the kids since this past weekend was spent with their mom, we haven't totally blown by unnoticed. First, I made D's costume from this pattern, and I think he looks FANTASTIC! I can't help but grin every time I see him with the hood up.
Then, after making spicy psghetti (thanks, E!) for dinner, I followed up with the carrot cake cupcakes my dad bought. It was awesome. Last week we discovered that B had been hiding his veggies in his room (so THAT'S what that smell was!), and so I've had to be a little more creative. Carrot cake cupcakes to the rescue! My dad also brought home some cake decorations that included a graveyard wrapper and zombie parts on toothpicks to stick in. Have I mentioned yet how much I ADORE zombies? Remind me someday to show you the stuffed zombies T bought me while in labor with D and then after his 1st bday.

As soon as T finds my camera cord from where he cleaned the room, I'll post pics of the cupcake I decorated with all the zombie bits.
Aaaaaaand, next I'll showcase my talented sister's cake business. You've gotten a sneak with her quickie cake for E's birthday, but I'll demand she give me access to some of her remarkable cakes, from wedding cakes to Elvis silhouette cakes to..well, nearly anything you can imagine. So...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment