Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Five

I just realized that today is Friday. Thank the Heavens above! Actually, today is like T's Tuesday with his work schedule, so that part stinks. But I maybe, just maybe, will have the chance to get some presents made while the big kids are at their mom's. Anyway, on to the getting to know me!

1. I was a vegetarian for a while, and would have no problems going back to it....if it weren't for meatball subs and bacon. Mmm...bacon.

2. My family used to have a reunion every year. We all had names that started with F, unless you weren't blood/marriage related. Then your name started with a Ph. Except me...I was F until I was 12 or 13 and decided I needed an actual name. So I became Sparkle.

3. One of my favorite books is The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin. It's so beautifully written, and so heartbreaking, but I love it all the same. It's written by a southerner and set in the south, and I have visited many of the areas where the book takes place, so it was even easier to picture. Be forewarned, it's a VERY difficult read if you have a hard time with familial loss.

4. Every year I buy, write, and even partially address Christmas cards to send out. And every year, I'm lucky to have half of them make it to the mailbox.

5. I hate hate hate rollercoasters because of the up part. It's the only time I'm afraid of heights...and it exacerbates my fear of falling. One exception is the Maus Trap ride at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which goes up so fast that you don't have that clankclankclank as you climb ever so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment